So you’re here! You found us! And what do you think? Between you and us, we are completely over the moon with the new-look blog (especially our cute new logo!) We are:
the merrymaker sisters
Our new address is simple and easy to remember: themerrymakersisters.com.au
QUICK! GO! Change your bookmarks right away.
You may be thinking why the change? After all…what’s in a name? Well to us, everything! And our old name didn’t cut it…
Don’t get us wrong, we love living the paleo lifestyle (…95% of the time) and most of our recipes will be paleo friendly. But sometimes, just sometimes we want to put some natural yoghurt on those pancakes, or mix some cottage cheese into that guacamole (and we really don’t want to get caught by the PALEO POLICE!) And as we always say: do what works for you and do what makes you happy.
Since our health and wellbeing journey started we have learnt lots and received plenty of feedback on what our readers want. And it’s simple, all you really want is:
a positive place to make being healthy and happy that little bit easier and a hell of a lot more fun!
That’s just what we plan on giving you. So here we are, a new-look, a new name and a fresh start!
Oh and of course, every week there will be brand new healthy paleo recipes (you didn’t think we would forget today did you?!) Here is our paleo choc-caramel no bake cake – sure to please!
Emma + Carla
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1 ¼ cup of shredded coconut
- 1 ½ tbs coconut oil melted
- 1 ½ tbs raw honey
- 1 ½ tbs natvia
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews (soaked in water for at least an hour)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbs raw cacao powder
- 150g dates, pitted + soaked in boiling water for at least 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tbs natvia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs water
- Start with the base.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined (have a taste…um yum!)
- Press the base into a lined 22cm cake tin.
- Leave that for now, we are moving onto the filling.
- In a food processor, whiz the cashews until they are completely crumbled.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut oil, honey and vanilla, whiz again until smooth.
- Finally, add the raw cacao powder and whiz again until combined (have another taste…even more delish!)
- Pour the filling on top of the base and smooth out evenly.
- Place into the freezer for one hour.
- Mean while, let’s get onto the caramel.
- Drain the water from the soaked dates.
- In the food processor, whiz them until they form a paste like mixture.
- Add the coconut milk, natvia and vanilla, whiz again until really smooth.
- Add the water and whiz one last time.
- Place the caramel into the fridge.
- Once the hour is up, spread the caramel mix over the top of the cake and back into the freezer for a further half to full hour.
- Cut into slices and nom nom nom!
- If you don’t finish the whole cake in the first sitting, keep in the fridge!
- You can turn this into any cake. Minus the cacao powder and feel free to add berries or chopped nuts!